Tuesday, July 22, 2008

Oldest Surviving Match Screenshot

This is a preview of what is to come. I have around 170 screenshots of DP matches, plus some ones from TFC. I have identified 99% of these screenshots and found the results of the matches they belonged to. I do not have dates for most of them, but I do know the order in which they were played. Anyway, I am working on releasing a seperate webpage with the entire DOM match history, along with screenshots, as detailed and accurate as I can manage. That way you can browse at your own leisure and look at and compare matches more easily than if I just posted them individually here. Expect that in another week maybe.

In the meanwhile, here is the oldest screenshot that I have found, dating back to June 28, 1999 against the Paint Assassins in an original DPL (Digital Paintball League) match. DOM won rather convincingly, as this screenshot proves. Also of interest - notice which clan Fury is playing for at that time.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

I'm surprised an old timer like you still plays dp. I felt a wave a nostalgia seeing this. To old memories...

-DsC Punisher

PS, Do you remember the old "Hall of fame" website that you or someone else from DOM created? I looked for it and haven't been able to find it. Does it still exist?

royalblood said...

I don't play DP anymore - probably haven't since 2004. I just like reminiscing and since I recovered some stuff I thought was lost, I wanted to share it. And yes, I created the "hall of fame" and in fact do still have it. I'll be sharing that as well.